iGetter is a full featured download manager and accelerator. It's a nice replacement for your browser's download manager.
iGetter can greatly improve the speed of your downloads using segmented downloading. In addition it allows auto resume on broken downloads, queue filtering by various criteria, site explorer, history list, scheduling downloads for low traffic periods, auto redial on broken connection, auto hang-up and shut down on completion, and much more.
New in version 2.2:
- Added a new preview feature for downloaded multimedia files. By integration with QuickTime technology iGetter allows the previewing of all finished video, audio and other QuickTime readable downloads (Macromedia Flash, PDF, etc.) directly in the application. In addition, iGetter shows all of the available file media information (i.e. codec, height, width, duration, sample rate for movies and the entire tag info for MP3 files.)
- New look and feel for transfer details transcript. Now, all connection requests, server responses and notifications are shown in separate color areas for easier reading.
- A new Speed Limit slider located on the main window for easier adjustment of the speed limit value.
- Added support of the “Content-Disposition” HTTP protocol entity. Now, all files downloaded from HTTP servers that use “Content-Disposition” entity will be renamed properly.
- Added the ability to cancel Site Explorer connecting operations.
- Added the ability to enter a new HTTP download address without a file name (i.e. http://www.host.com/)
- Added support for FTPS (secure FTP) protocol scheme in URLs. This protocol uses a FTP over SSL (Implicit or Explicit) connection.
- Fixed a bug that caused improper appearance of URLs with encoded new lines in them.
Mac OS X Apps