Download: 1.73 MB MacBinary
iGetter is a full featured download manager and accelerator. With iGetter you can get the most out of your Internet connection (dial-up, wireless, cable, DSL, T1 etc.). iGetter can greatly improve the speed of your downloads using segmented (accelerated) downloading. In addition it allows auto resume on broken downloads, queue filtering by various criteria, history list, scheduling downloads for low traffic periods, auto redial on broken connection, auto hang-up and shut down on completion, and much more.
- Completely rewritten download engine. The new engine uses native Mac OS X sockets from the UNIX layer, which overcomes bottlenecks of Carbon and Cocoa network layers.
- The new engine is fully preemptive multitasking and uses native Mac OS X pthreads from the UNIX layer, which increases the performance of the application especially on multiprocessor systems.
- Completely rewritten application architecture to use a modern event driven model, which decreases significantly CPU and memory usage (in idle mode iGetter uses around 0% CPU time).
- DNS requests are now completely multithreaded.
- iGetter downloads 40% faster than its previous version (calculation was made on 100mbps Ethernet connection).
- Included support for HTTP SSL protocol as well as FTP over SSL (implicit and explicit) protocols.
- Optimized disk write operations, which greatly improve the overall download speed.
- Integration with the FileAvenue.net web service. This feature allows the latest new and most popular files of the FileAvenue.net downloads library to appear directly in iGetter.
- Included a Site Manager that allows limitation of the overall number of connections for particular servers.
- The entire application is optimized for Mac OS X 10.3 "Panther".
- New Interface with a new look and feel.
- Included Metallic interface with an option to switch between Aqua and Metallic interfaces.
- A full set of 25 function icons professionally designed for both Aqua and Metallic interfaces.
- New professionally designed preferences interface.
- New powerful grouping functions.
- Included a history list for all finished downloads.
- Included new search function with an option to search in the queue, history list or FileAvenue downloads library. Results appear in separate groups.
- Included ability for manual insertion of mirror servers for each download.
- Added contextual menu support for Safari and Camino.
- Improved integration of iGetter with Safari to handle dmg files.
- iGetter is localized for English, Japanese, French, Spanish, Italian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese and Turkish languages, allowing our International users to use it in their native language.