| ||Sections || |
| ||User Functions || |
|Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User
| ||Pair Networks || |
Don't want to spend $99 on .Mac services from Apple?
Sign up for an account at Pair Networks, for only $5.95/Month. You'll get email, 100MB of disc space, 100MB traffic per day, and super-reliable service on one of the fastest web hosts around.
Click here to learn more!
|Shoot Things (Day 22)|
|Jul 22, 2004 02:54AM|
Contributed by: arekkusu
Download: 360k Disk Image
A generic space shooter, parodying a few well-known retro games. Written for the iDevGames Vectorized contest.
(Day 22) is a compatibility and optimization update to the original (Day 21) release:
* Fixed "black screen" problem that happened on certain NVIDIA video cards.
* Fixed crash on 10.2 systems with QuickTime 6.3. QuickTime 6.4 or later is required.
* Worked around hardware bug that caused artifacts on Radeon 7000 video cards.
* Removed requirement for hardware GL acceleration. Runs on original iMac (very slowly.)
* Improved support for systems with more than one display.
* Added support for systems with more than one video card.
* Optimized all drawing by changing texture filtering.
* Optimized geometry submission.
* Optimized animated texture generation.
* Optimized random number generation.
* Optimized sound effect generation.
* Added support for 16 bit fullscreen modes, which may be faster on slow systems.
* Added frameskipping to maintain game speed at 30 fps on slow systems.
* Made a few minor gameplay tweaks.
| ||What's Related || |
| ||Story Options || |