| ||Sections || |
| ||User Functions || |
|Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User
| ||Pair Networks || |
Don't want to spend $99 on .Mac services from Apple?
Sign up for an account at Pair Networks, for only $5.95/Month. You'll get email, 100MB of disc space, 100MB traffic per day, and super-reliable service on one of the fastest web hosts around.
Click here to learn more!
|Aug 31, 2003 08:18AM|
Contributed by: xupport
Download: 224k Stuffit Archive
All-In-One Interface for Mac OS X.
Xupport is a graphical user interface to configure many Mac OS X options, that are hard to configure manually. It provides several unix commands to optimize and secure Mac OS X, and activates features that are disabled by default.
- Access hidden system and Finder and Dock settings
- Browse and read "Man" entries
- Browse and get Finder info for hidden files and folders
- Enable/Disable "File System Journaling"
- Repair Disk Permissions
- Create bootable backups
- Change SWAP file location
- Run maintain scripts
- Clear log, scratch and junk files
- "Rebuild Desktop" (Clear and rebuild LS files)
- Clear .DS_Store files
- Watch system log and background processes
- Change PORTS of Personal File Sharing, Web Sharing and ssh
- Launch servers on specified port (inclusive firewall allow rules)
- Watch access and error logs of sharing services (afp, http, ssh)
- Firewall (based on ipfw)
- Turn on/off Guest Access of Apple File Server
- Optimize Network settings for Broadband connection
- Request a new IP from a DHCP server (en0, en1)
- Delete files and folders with administrator privileges
- Empty Trash regardless of the file's permissions
- Create symbolic links
- Shortcuts collection
- Error codes collection
Changes in Xupport 1.3.5:
- Enable Dock Quit-menu for Finder
- Repair Disk Permissions (added on request)
- Password verification improved
- Tooltips improved
| ||What's Related || |
| ||Story Options || |