Download: 584kB Disk Image
Automated System Maintenance for Mac OS X
Why should you have to remember to clean up your Mac once a week, or once a month? Shouldn't a computer be able to remember for you?
Macaroni is a tool which handles regular maintenance for Mac OS X, including the Mac OS X "repair privileges" process as well as Unix-style maintenance. Some of these tasks normally run in the middle of the night, and don't get run unless you leave your Mac on all night. Others don't run automatically at all, and won't happen unless you remember when they're due.
Macaroni remembers the schedule for you!
Macaroni runs these maintenance tasks on a regular schedule, regardless of whether you keep your Mac on all the time. If a scheduled maintenance task is not run when it's normally scheduled, Macaroni automatically ensures that it's run at the next opportunity, whenever the Mac is on.
* Automatically runs Mac OS X maintenance jobs
* Maintains Mac OS X privileges using the "Repair Privileges" utility.
* Powerbook and iBook users: Tasks may be configured to wait until your system is plugged in, saving battery power.
* Tasks may be configured to run only during system idle time.
* Tracks maintenance history
* Displays results of latest maintenance run.
* Configurable: Add your own scheduled tasks
* Custom tasks can be scheduled as daily, weekly, monthly, or at regular intervals (such as "every three days").
New in this release:
Macaroni's Unix-style maintenance now cleans old data files not cleaned by other maintenance tools, even those from Apple! This includes files left behind by Mac OS X's printing system, and others, which can add up to tens or hundreds of megabytes of wasted space.