| ||Sections || |
| ||User Functions || |
|Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User
| ||Pair Networks || |
Don't want to spend $99 on .Mac services from Apple?
Sign up for an account at Pair Networks, for only $5.95/Month. You'll get email, 100MB of disc space, 100MB traffic per day, and super-reliable service on one of the fastest web hosts around.
Click here to learn more!
|Apr 11, 2003 12:08PM|
Contributed by: xupport
Download: 417k Stuffit Archive
All-In-One Interface for Mac OS X.
Xupport is a GUI (Graphical User Interface) to configure many Mac OS X options, that are hard to configure manually, and more. It includes several unix commands to optimize and secure your Mac, and activates features that are disabled by default.
- Access hidden system and finder settings
- Browse and read "Man" entries
- Browse and get Finder info for hidden files and folders
- Delete files and folders with administrator privileges
- Enable/Disable "File System Journaling"
- Create symbolic links
- Create bootable backups
- Change SWAP file location
- Optimize system performance
- Change PORTS of Personal File Sharing, Web Sharing and ssh
- Launch servers on specified port (inclusive firewall allow rules)
- Firewall (based on ipfw)
- Turn on/off Guest Access of Apple File Server
- Optimize Network settings for Broadband connection
- Empty Trash regardless of the file's permissions
- Rebuild the Desktop (rebuild LS files)
- Clear log, scratch and junk files
- Access Mac OS X standard utilities quickly
- Shortcuts collection
- Error codes collection
- Get many useful informations to configure Mac OSX
- an more ...
Changes in Xupport 1.2.9:
- NEW: Create symbolic links (Browser)
- NEW: List last logins of users and ttys
- More firewall examples (Stealth mode)
- Actualized network port list
| ||What's Related || |
| ||Story Options || |