Download: 256K Stuffit Archive
Haxial TextEdit is a simple, fast and free text editor that edits plain text files. It can edit text files in Mac, DOS/Windows, and Unix formats. It also includes a Find/Replace function, and a menu for quick access to your favorite documents.
* The program loads very quickly.
* Fast scrolling of very large files.
* Appearance of the user interface is highly customizable. Supports "skins" / "schemes".
* Supports both soft and hard wrapping of text.
* Find and Replace features.
* Edit text files in Mac, DOS/Windows, and Unix formats.
* Can count the number of occurrences of a piece of text in a file.
* Can alphabetically sort lines of text.
* "Favorites" menu allows quick access to your favorite documents.
* Rename a document from within TextEdit.
* Top right corner now contains an icon which indicates whether or not there are unsaved changes. Also, the Save menu item is disabled if there are no changes to save.
* Added a "Soft Wrap Text" option to the File menu. Turn this off if you want hard-wrapping and a horizontal scrollbar.
* Second-click (or control-click) a window maximize button ('+') to unmaximize, returning it to the size/location that it was at before you last clicked the maximize button.
* If you open a Favorite document using the menu in a new untouched window, then it closes the untouched window, "replacing" it with the Favorite document being opened.
* Couple of minor bug fixes.