| ||Sections || |
| ||User Functions || |
|Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User
| ||Pair Networks || |
Don't want to spend $99 on .Mac services from Apple?
Sign up for an account at Pair Networks, for only $5.95/Month. You'll get email, 100MB of disc space, 100MB traffic per day, and super-reliable service on one of the fastest web hosts around.
Click here to learn more!
|Extended Software Updater 1.4|
|Jan 28, 2003 06:44AM|
Download: 1M Stuffit Archive
Extended Software Updater is a system utility to check for the latest versions available online of your installed software.
You probably noticed, like we did, that Apple's Software Update application (accessible in the System Preferences panel) only searches for the latest versions available of Apple's software.
And this is the problem! Apple's Software Update application works only with Mac OS X and Apple's components. It does not work for all the third-party software you install yourself. All these components, software, shareware and freeware you install yourself are not checked by Apple's Software Update application.
Because of this lack we have decided to develop a more global application: Extended Software Updater.
From a user's point of view, it is as simple to use as Apple's Software Update application, provides the same functionnality, but does not limit to Apple's components and can work with all your other third-party software.
From a developer or publisher's point of view, it is very simple to make an application compatible with Extended Software Updater (only 2 text files are necessary) and make users benefit from it.
- It allows you to search for software installed on your hard drive that are compatible with Extended Software Updater.
- It allows you to check for the latest versions of these software available online.
- It has an inline help to guide you through the interface.
- It remembers window last position at launch.
- It takes very little memory, CPU and disk space.
- It doesn't need any installation nor configuration, which makes it very easy to use.
- It is compatible with itself.
Read the whole documentation for more details...
- This version is fully compatible with version 1.3.
- The documentation has been updated, users and especially developers should read it again.
- The Help menu has been improved.
- The Extended Software Updater Compatibility Maker application has been improved; developers/publishers (only) should download it to make their applications compatible with Extended Software Updater more easily.
| ||What's Related || |
| ||Story Options || |