| ||Sections || |
| ||User Functions || |
|Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User
| ||Pair Networks || |
Don't want to spend $99 on .Mac services from Apple?
Sign up for an account at Pair Networks, for only $5.95/Month. You'll get email, 100MB of disc space, 100MB traffic per day, and super-reliable service on one of the fastest web hosts around.
Click here to learn more!
|DockExtender 3.0 Beta 8|
|Jan 23, 2003 04:12PM|
Contributed by: mklahn
Download: 3.5 MB Disk Image
DockExtender allows you to minimize dock clutter by allowing you to create DockExtender Menus that fit right into the dock or quickly access them through a menu bar tool. These menus contain lists of programs that are completely configurable by you. This greatly enhances the clean look of the dock, and improves speed and usability of the dock.
The DockExtender menu bar tool also allows you to create multiple docks on your system and switch between them easily. Configuration takes place through the system preferences application right beside all other user preference settings.
What's New in Version 3.0B8
Bugs Fixed for v 3.0B8:
- Improved loading of Docklings
- DockExtender PreferencePane no longer forces the restart of menu bar tool
- "Insert Submenu" contextual menu item in the Preference Pane is now enabled properly
- MultiDock configuration menu items now switch configurations properly again
- "Apply Changes" button will now work with the menu bar tool
- Default Submenu icon in menu bar tool and HotKey menus changed to regular folder
- Drag & Drop code for menu items completely reworked, increasing stability and reliability
- HotKey menus now get properly loaded when Finder is in the foreground
- ".app" extension is now properly removed from items added through the dialog
- Dragging a folder from the Finder into a submenu now properly inserts the items into the submenu
- "Add Item..." file browser now shows all mounted volumes
- Special submenus now get refreshed properly every time a menu is displayed
- HotKey menus now reload much faster
- Changing HotKey for a menu in the PreferencePane is now much faster
- Adding Static Submenus and Folder Contents via the "Add Item..." dialog is much faster
- Performance of Dynamic Submenus is greatly increased
- Performance of the item list in the PreferencePane is greatly increased
- Docklings now only load their contents the first time they are accessed, making them much faster
- Empty submenus now show an "Empty..." tag in all DockExtender Menus
Known Issues in 3.0B8:
- Dockling menu items with custom icons will not have correct icon in menu. This includes (but is not limited to) Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.) and their documents.
- Using "Insert Item..." in the Preference Pane to place an item in a submenu will place the item after the submenu
- Large menus may not load in Docklings
NOTE: DockExtender 3.0 Beta 8 will expire at noon local time on February 28th, 2003.
| ||What's Related || |
| ||Story Options || |