| ||Sections || |
| ||User Functions || |
|Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User
| ||Pair Networks || |
Don't want to spend $99 on .Mac services from Apple?
Sign up for an account at Pair Networks, for only $5.95/Month. You'll get email, 100MB of disc space, 100MB traffic per day, and super-reliable service on one of the fastest web hosts around.
Click here to learn more!
|DockExtender 3.0 Beta 7|
|Jan 15, 2003 05:49PM|
Contributed by: mklahn
Download: 4.0 MB Disk Image
DockExtender allows you to minimize dock clutter by allowing you to create DockExtender Menus that fit right into the dock or quickly access them through a menu bar tool. These menus contain lists of programs that are completely configurable by you. This greatly enhances the clean look of the dock, and improves speed and usability of the dock.
The DockExtender menu bar tool also allows you to create multiple docks on your system and switch between them easily. Configuration takes place through the system preferences application right beside all other user preference settings.
What's New in Version 3.0B7
Bugs Fixed for v 3.0B7:
- Moving items within the Menu Configuration view no longer hangs or puts items in the incorrect location.
- Fixed problems for users installing DockExtender for the first time.
- Fixed Incompatibilities with OS X 10.1.x.
- Preference Pane no longer hangs for users who are not registered.
- '...' added to all items that bring up dialogs.
- Uninstall AppleScript replaced with a more reliable Uninstall application.
- OS version number now appears in feedback mail subject.
- When a menu hotkey is overwritten, the old hotkey is now released.
- Dockling menus load submenus properly
- HotKeys now get unassigned properly
- Preferences no longer have multiple entries of 'Menu Bar Tool' menu
New Features in v 3.0B7:
- Major performance increases in loading of all menus.
Known Issues in 3.0B7:
- Performance of Dockling Menus with large Dynamic Submenus is poor, and decreases proportionally with the number of items in the menu
- Dockling menu items with custom icons will not have correct icon in menu
- Using 'Insert Item...' in the Preference Pane to place an item in a submenu will place the item after the submenu
- Dockling menus with deep Dynamic Submenus or a very large number of items will not load properly
NOTE: If you tried Beta 4 through Beta 6 and the PreferencePane did not load for you, please try Beta 7. The bug that caused this problem has been solved.
NOTE: DockExtender 3.0 Beta 7 will expire at noon local time on February 14th, 2003.
| ||What's Related || |
| ||Story Options || |