Download: 700k Stuffit Archive
Extended Software Updater is a system utility to check for the latest versions available online of your installed software.
You probably noticed, like we did, that Apple's Software Update application (accessible in the System Preferences panel) only searches for the latest versions available of Apple's software.
And this is the problem! Apple's Software Update application works only with Mac OS X and Apple's components. It does not work for all the third-party software you install yourself. All these components, software, shareware and freeware you install yourself are not checked by Apple's Software Update application.
Because of this lack we have decided to develop a more global application: Extended Software Updater.
From a user's point of view, it is as simple to use as Apple's Software Update application, provides the same functionnality, but does not limit to Apple's components and can work with all your other third-party software.
From a developer or editor's point of view, it is very simple to make an application compatible with Extended Software Updater (only 2 text files are necessary) and make users benefit from it.
- It allows you to search for software installed on your hard drive that are compatible with Extended Software Updater.
- It allows you to check for the latest versions of these software available online.
- It has an inline help to guide you through the interface.
- It remembers window last position at launch.
- It takes very little memory, CPU and disk space.
- It doesn't need any installation nor configuration, which makes it very easy to use.
- It is compatible with itself.
Read the whole documentation for more details...
- The documentation has been updated, users and especially developers should read it again.
- The Updater.esud file is now included in the application bundle, which should be done by all the applications that want to be compatible with Extended Software Updater.
- All AlphaOmega Software applications have been updated to move the Updater.esud file from the Documentation folder to the application bundle, so users can download them again if they want.
- Small bugs have been corrected in the interface.