| ||Sections || |
| ||User Functions || |
|Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User
| ||Pair Networks || |
Don't want to spend $99 on .Mac services from Apple?
Sign up for an account at Pair Networks, for only $5.95/Month. You'll get email, 100MB of disc space, 100MB traffic per day, and super-reliable service on one of the fastest web hosts around.
Click here to learn more!
|Extended Software Updater 1.1|
|Nov 07, 2002 02:23AM|
Download: 1M Stuffit Archive
Extended Software Updater is a system utility to check the latest version available of your software.
You probably noticed, like we did, that Apple's Software Update application (located in the System Preferences panel) only searches for the latest versions available of Apple's software.
Apple's Software Update application checks on Apple's web site for the latest versions available of Mac OS X or Apple's components and compare them with what is installed on your Macintosh.
The problem is that Apple's Software Update application works only for Mac OS X or Apple's components! It does not work for all the third-party software you install by your own! All these components, software, shareware and freeware are not checked by Apple's Software Update application!
Because of this lack we have decided to develop a more global application: Extended Software Updater.
From a user's point of view, it is as simple to use as Apple's Software Update application, and provides the same kind of functionnality, but it does not limit to Apple's components and can work with all the other third-party software.
From a developer or editor's point of view, it is very simple to make an application compatible with Extended Software Updater (only 2 text files are necessary) and make users benefit from it.
- It allows you to search for software installed on your hard drive that are compatible with Extended Software Updater.
- It allows you to check for the latest versions of these software available online.
- It has an inline help to guide you through the interface.
- It remembers window last position at launch.
- It takes very little memory, CPU and disk space.
- It doesn't need any installation nor configuration, which makes it very easy to use.
- The window size at initialization has been corrected.
| ||What's Related || |
| ||Story Options || |