| ||Sections || |
| ||User Functions || |
|Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User
| ||Pair Networks || |
Don't want to spend $99 on .Mac services from Apple?
Sign up for an account at Pair Networks, for only $5.95/Month. You'll get email, 100MB of disc space, 100MB traffic per day, and super-reliable service on one of the fastest web hosts around.
Click here to learn more!
|Oct 26, 2002 12:05PM|
Contributed by: xupport
Download: 230 k Stuffit Archive
All-In-One Interface for Mac OS X.
Xupport is a GUI (Graphical User Interface) to configure many Mac OS X options, that are not or hard to configure manually, and more. It includes several unix command to optimize and secure your Mac, and activates features that are disabled by default.
- Optimize system performance
- Access hidden system and finder settings
- Change PORTS of Personal File Sharing, Web Sharing and ssh
- Launch servers on specified port (inclusive firewall allow rules)
- Firewall (based on ipfw)
- Turn on/off Guest Access of Apple File Server
- Optimize Network settings for Broadband connection
- Empty Trash regardless of the file's permissions
- Rebuild the Desktop (rebuild LS files)
- Clear log, scratch and junk files
- Browse hidden folders
- Access Mac OS X standard utilities quickly
- Get many useful informations to configure Mac OSX
- Get instructions to create bootable backups
- an more ...
- Instruction to create a BOOTABLE BACKUP of your Mac OS X (Appendix drawer)
- Some small window position fixes
| ||What's Related || |
| ||Story Options || |