| ||Sections || |
| ||User Functions || |
|Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User
| ||Pair Networks || |
Don't want to spend $99 on .Mac services from Apple?
Sign up for an account at Pair Networks, for only $5.95/Month. You'll get email, 100MB of disc space, 100MB traffic per day, and super-reliable service on one of the fastest web hosts around.
Click here to learn more!
|Oct 10, 2002 09:17PM|
Contributed by: inferiis
Download: 922k Disk Image
A shortfall of Mac OS X has just gone. Alfred is an easy to use, customizable, universal plug-ins manager. It replaces Mac OS 9's Finder and Extensions Manager and makes your life easy when installing, removing and managing any kind of plug-ins like screen savers, preference panes, fonts... or anything else.
- Added a contextual menu module that allow to invoke Alfred to install files.
- Added a confirmation dialog when deleting rules.
- Applications can now be specified with their creator, their bundle identifier or their name (for routes with kind "Application's folder").
- Constraints of the rules can now be extracted from any file of the disk.
- Application specifiers can now be extracted from any application of the disk.
- Added some built-in rules ("Menu Extras" and "Palm Conduits") and updated some others.
- It is now possible to reset built-in rules only.
- Added an system version check.
- Rewrote engine so that all references to a given file stay synchronized.
- Improved file referencing (relies on file system file numbers instead of file paths).
- Improved file probing performances in managers.
- Turned the flyer panel into a standard window to respect Aqua guidelines.
- Updated local domain logo.
- "Quit after processing" option is not restricted anymore when Alfred is not registered.
- Improved overall application performances.
- Cleaned a lot of code.
- When a manager window becomes front, table now only scroll to selection when appropriate.
- Flyer and rules windows are not shown and reports are not generated anymore when the application is going to automatically quit after processing.
- Fixed a possible bug when modal dialogs are displayed during application launch.
- Fixed some memory leaks.
- Fixed some GUI glitches with Jaguar.
- Fixed many minor Aqua guidelines breaches.
- Fixed many French translations.
- Various other minor changes.
| ||What's Related || |
| ||Story Options || |