| ||Sections || |
| ||User Functions || |
|Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User
| ||Pair Networks || |
Don't want to spend $99 on .Mac services from Apple?
Sign up for an account at Pair Networks, for only $5.95/Month. You'll get email, 100MB of disc space, 100MB traffic per day, and super-reliable service on one of the fastest web hosts around.
Click here to learn more!
|DockExtender 3.0 B3|
|Oct 09, 2002 12:12PM|
Contributed by: mklahn
Download: 1.6 MB Disk Image
DockExtender allows you to minimize dock clutter by allowing you to create DockExtender Menus that fit right into the dock or quickly access them through a menu bar tool. These menus contain lists of programs that are completely configurable by you. This greatly enhances the clean look of the dock, and improves speed and usability of the dock.
The DockExtender menu bar tool also allows you to create multiple docks on your system and switch between them easily.
Configuration takes place through the system preferences application right beside all other user preference settings.
• Folders containing Classic applications are no longer treated as applications.
• "Send Feedback" button now works properly.
• Invisible items in folders should no longer appear in menus.
• Static Submenus no longer have any path components or separators.
• First item in submenus are now properly activated.
• Setting a Dockling menu icon by dragging a file into the icon well no longer crashes.
• Setting a Dockling menu icon through the contextual menu now works properly.
• Installer will now correctly move the PreferencePane to the Trash.
• New icon by Mark Degg http://www.osxp.net (The menu bar tool icon which was introduced in 3.0B2 is by Mark. Thanks, Mark!).
• All items can now be renamed arbitrarily.
• Separators can now have an arbitrary label.
• Multiple items can now be selected for removal or repositioning in the PreferencePanes item list.
• Performance of PreferencePane greatly improved.
• Performance of menu bar tool slightly improved.
• Recent items (applications and documents) don't refresh often enough.
• PreferencePane restarts Dock even if there are no Docklings in use.
• "System Preferences" special submenu doesn't contain the proper names or icons.
• Adding dynamic menus to status bar item slows it down greatly.
• Need to "Apply Changes" after installing a Dockling (it should automatically do this for the User).
| ||What's Related || |
| ||Story Options || |