| ||Sections || |
| ||User Functions || |
|Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User
| ||Pair Networks || |
Don't want to spend $99 on .Mac services from Apple?
Sign up for an account at Pair Networks, for only $5.95/Month. You'll get email, 100MB of disc space, 100MB traffic per day, and super-reliable service on one of the fastest web hosts around.
Click here to learn more!
|File Buddy 7.0b6 |
|Sep 17, 2001 08:30AM|
Contributed by: Perry
"File Buddy 7 is the first version of File Buddy developed for OS X. The initial beta releases provide the ability to run natively with OS X. Later releases will address appearance issues and provide greater access to features new to OS X and OS 9 with CarbonLib."
Known Problems in v7.0b6
As noted above, File Buddy 7b6 works well with OS 9/CarbonLib. In OS X, we are investigating the following issues and expect to have them resolved for the next beta release:
• There seems to be a problem when attempting to add items to a file list that already contains one or more items. So don't try that until we can resolve the problem.
• Commands to show items in the Finder or display an item's info in the Finder have no effect. We're working one this one as well.
• The following have yet to be rewritten: Orphaned Files, Empty Items, Unused Preferences.
Notes about v7.0b6 - September 14, 2001
• This beta expires at midnight on September 31, 2001. File Buddy 7b6 will be available before that time.
• More appearance compliance.
• The info window is complete barring minor design changes under consideration. Note that the "Types for 'xxxx'" pop-up menu will always be empty if you are using OS X, as Apple appears to have chosen not to support the system call upon which that feature is built for OS X. Different fuctionality will be available for OS X users in a future release.
• The Preferences and Drop Keys windows have been rewritten.
• The Select Action dialog has been rewritten.
• The Broken Aliases window has been rewritten, but problems in OS X with the alias checking code will keep that hidden from our OS X-using brothers and sisters.
• Most windows and dialogs should now display and function correctly with OS X.
• More bugs have been eliminated.
| ||What's Related || |
| ||Story Options || |