| ||Sections || |
| ||User Functions || |
|Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User
| ||Pair Networks || |
Don't want to spend $99 on .Mac services from Apple?
Sign up for an account at Pair Networks, for only $5.95/Month. You'll get email, 100MB of disc space, 100MB traffic per day, and super-reliable service on one of the fastest web hosts around.
Click here to learn more!
|Mac OS X 10.0.4 |
|Jun 21, 2001 06:41PM|
Contributed by: Perry
Download: Download Page
"The Mac OS X 10.0.4 Update addresses certain issues, updates system software, and improves performance."
Available via the Software Updater, or from the link above. Note: You must install Software Update 1.3.1 in order to access other updates using the Software Update feature of System Preferences.
About the 10.0.4 Update
This update delivers enhancements included with the 10.0.1 and 10.0.3 Updates, as well as the following:
- PrintCenter compatibility with certain third-party USB inkjet printers has been improved.
- Improves compatibility with many third-party USB devices including: "KVM" switchboxes, certain self-powered USB hubs, certain handheld devices that connect to a USB port, certain ADB-to-USB adapter devices, and third-party USB mouse and keyboard input devices.
- Improves iTunes audio CD burning performance by offering only the most reliable burn speed choice(s).
- Resolves a rare issue in which a USB device may not respond after the computer wakes from sleep.
- Enriches the reliability of USB input devices that connect to a display's USB port.
- USB modem reliability is improved.
- Addresses issues that may have led to a USB mouse or keyboard input device becoming unresponsive unless it was disconnected and reconnected.
- Resolves an isolated issue in which a Roland/Edirol UA-3 audio device may have not properly enumerated on the USB bus.
- Addresses a potential kernel panic that may have occurred when disconnecting or hot swapping certain third-party USB devices.
- Brings iTunes compatibility to additional third-party USB CD-RW drives, including: Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-R1101 Combo Drive, Que Plextor PX-W1610A, MKE CD-RW CW8571B, Que Lite-On LTR-12101B, Iomega ZipCD 650, and Iomega Predator ZipCD 650.
- Resolves an issue in which simultaneous use of two Shift keys while typing with a USB keyboard may have unexpectedly resulted in lowercase characters.
- Enhances reliability when remotely accessing a shared FileMaker Pro 5.0 document through TCP/IP in the Classic environment.
- Addresses a rare issue in which no response was received when pinging a remote host in the Classic environment.
- Enhances the reliability of the Classic environment after the computer wakes from sleep.
- Addresses an isolated issue in which a key press may have repeated unexpectedly in a Classic application.
- Addresses a potential issue in the Classic environment in which the mouse pointer cursor may have become temporarily transparent.
- Enriches reliability of certain Classic mail applications when used with certain types of mail servers.
- Addresses a potential issue in the Classic environment with products that provide firewall services.
- General improvements allow third-party hardware device drivers to perform better in the Classic environment; future OS X hardware device drivers can be developed to co-exist with Classic device drivers for the same USB device.
Internet- and Networking-Related Enhancements
- Addresses certain issues that may have occurred when copying files using Apple File Protocol (AFP), including: potential kernel panic when copying files, reliability on a VPN connection, and copying a file that has a long Japanese file name.
- The advanced PPPoE option "Send PPP echo packets" now behaves as expected when disabled.
- Addresses a potential issue where Internet Explorer 5.1 may have become temporarily unresponsive when viewing a QuickTime movie.
- A later version of SSH is included.
- Improves reliability when a large number of FireWire devices are disconnected and reconnected.
- Enhances reliability when viewing certain types of PICT files.
- Addresses a potential issue in which a copied file's modification date may be inaccurate.
- Resolves an issue in which the restart button does not appear after the installation of software that requires a restart.
- A Brightness slider bar is now available when used with the Apple Studio Display 17.
- Improves reliability for applications that interact with SCSI devices and SCSI busses.
- Optical media is made available more reliably from certain third-party FireWire and USB devices.
- Enriches the reliability of some display resolution choices provided by certain ATI video cards.
- Resolves a headphone volume and potential sound quality issue involving Power Macintosh G3 computers that use certain A/V personality cards.
- Addresses a potential issue with certain PowerBook computers in which an undesirable sound may be heard while the computer is in sleep mode.
- Enhances PowerBook battery power conservation when in sleep mode.
- Improves responsiveness of application menus that are drawn with OpenGL.
- Addresses a potential issue in which the startup hard disk volume could not be renamed after updating the version of Mac OS X.
- Resolves an isolated issue when using paint frames in an AppleWorks 6.1 presentation document.
- Addresses a rare issue in which an incomplete login window or graphics abnormality appears after waking from a period of sleep that began while a screen saver had been in use.
- Resolves a potential issue when printing from applications localized for German.
- A later version of sudo is included.
| ||What's Related || |
| ||Story Options || |