Download: Stuffit Archive
"NameCleaner is an industrial-strength utility for the Mac OS to manipulate file names and types. "
* Includes a Contextual Menu Module for instant desktop cleaning (requires OS 8 or later on PowerPC).
* Includes pre-configured settings for DOS/Win 3.x, Windows 95/98 and Windows NT/2000.
* Allows system file mappings to be used (requires Internet Config or OS 8.5 or later).
* Includes mappings for over 100 PC extensions and 100 Macintosh file types.
* Cleaning operations can be previewed before they are performed.
* Allows multiple sets of options to be maintained.
* Produces a full report of all cleaning operations.
* Full help is included.
Filters ("Cleaners") are available for the following functions :
* Give files with PC/Unix extensions Mac Type/Creator codes and suffixes.
* Remove non-viewable characters, "smart"en quotes, and pad punctuations.
* Capitalize words of different lengths, and apply a dictionary.
* Find and replace any definable phrase with a corresponding phrase.
* Append file information (size, date, type) with a dictionary for types.
* Filter Mac names for DOS, Windows 3.x, 95/98, NT/2000, NetWare, Unix.
* Give files with definable Types corresponding PC/Unix Extensions.
* Automatically resolve clashing duplicate file names arising.